Spinal manipulation allows us to treat the arthokinematic component of various neuromusculoskeletal conditions.
How can Spinal Manipulation help?
Therapeutic and Specific Results:
- Manipulation is associated with improved joint position and range of motion along with decreased muscle hypertonicity, reduced pain, and cellular changes that correspond with tissue repair.
- Manipulation has been shown to rebalance Ad and C pain fiber activity, which has been shown to decrease neural connections associated with centralization at the level of the spine, regardless of patient expectation.
- Manipulation activates mechanoreceptors in join capsules and associated muscle and connective tissue structures, which quiets motor neuron activity in the spine, thereby decreasing excessive muscle activity and trigger points.
- Manipulation helps to reset the balance between sensory input and motor output , thereby improving proprioception and biomechanical control.
- A recent study by Beattie et al reported that spinal manipulation helps to improve transport of water into intervertebral discs, thereby countering changes associated with degenerative disc disease.
- Manipulation is associated with biochemical, segmental, and central pain inhibition.
Symmetry Physical Therapy is a privately owned one-on-one, patient-centered physical therapy clinic in Downtown Miami/Brickell. Every treatment is with the same Doctor of Physical Therapy for the entire hour. Symmetry’s specialized, dedicated, and passionate team of professionals is fully committed to each patient’s success.