Physical Therapy Treatment Programs at Symmetry Physical Therapy
The Physical Therapy treatment programs are a vitally important component to a successful course of rehabilitation. At Symmetry Physical Therapy, Downtown Miami/Brickell, our therapists work diligently to complete a detailed evaluation that will allow for the creation of an individualized treatment program tailored towards the patient’s goals. At Symmetry, we adopt a multidisciplinary approach to development the best physical therapy treatment programs based on current and cutting edge evidence.
Common Physical Therapy Treatment Methods Incorporated into Patient Treatment Programs
- Manual Therapy (soft tissue and joint mobilizations)
- Instrumented soft tissue massage (IASTM)
- Massage therapy
- Modalities (ice, heat, electrical stimulation, ultrasound)
- Kettlebell training
- SMFR (self-myofascial release techniques)
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF)
- Running training
- Corrective exercises (mobility and stability)
- Flexibility and strengthening exercises
- HEP (home exercise program)
The Development of a Physical Therapy Treatment Program begins at the First Visit – The Initial Evaluation
During the initial evaluation, the patient will sit down with a therapist to gather a detailed history of the injury and other relevant information that may play a vital role in the recovery process. Then, the physical therapist will conduct several assessments and functional tests to accurately identify the injury, it’s origin, and establish a baseline. These may include static and dynamic postures, functional movements, range of motion, strength, pain, swelling, sensation, and special tests. Once this information has been gathered the physical therapist will be able to answer four vitally important questions necessary for the successful creation of a treatment program:
- How did this injury originate, where in the body is the original source of tightness/ weakness/instability?
- What improvements can be made, and how can Physical Therapy help?
- How long is it going to take to get better?
- How can physical therapy prevent this injury from reoccurring?
Guided with this information your Physical Therapist will design an individually tailored program that will help you achieve your goals. It is important to recognize that this treatment program is not static but instead a constantly evolving plan that relies on feedback from the patient and continued assessments from the therapist to ensure continued advancement.